Traveling Better Forums  

Go Back   Traveling Better Forums > Airlines > AA/OneWorld

AA/OneWorld British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Lan Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian Airlines, and American Airlines.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
gleff

PreCheck dependent on how ticket was issued?

My reservations booked at AA.com or by phone show the little green check mark and "TSA Expedited Screening Program' under Passenger Details: Secure Flight Information in my reservations.

This check mark and statement are right below the box for Known Traveler ID.

My reservations booked by third parties all have everything else correct... but lack the check mark and TSA Expedited Screening Program statement.

(1) Does this mean that I won't get PreCheck on these third party reservations?

(2) Is there any way to adjust the reservations so that they mirror the ones booked directly with AA and show TSA Expedited Screening Program?

(3) Is this a bug or a feature, a known issue, or much ado about nothing?

Thanks!
gleff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
CO FF

Home Airport: LAX
Programs: AA Plt/2MM, UA GLD, SPG PLT, GP Plt
Hometown: New Yorker, exiled to LA
I don't have enough data to know that it's a bug, but since I joined Pre-Check, I've missed on only 2 of my AA flights -- both booked thru a travel agent. All my direct bookings on AA.com have worked.
CO FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
SFOJFK

My corp travel has the ability to insert the Known Traveller ID from GE. It doesn't work most of the time. I usually go in and put it in manually on AA.com into the reservation. I have my PASSID stored in my aa.com profile, but it doesn't fill it in with my corp travel bookings.
SFOJFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
aamilesslave
Original Member

Home Airport: DFW
In regards to PreCheck, I haven't noticed any difference booking between on AA.com or corporate travel through BCD/Orbitz.
aamilesslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
cstead

Home Airport: SFO/SJC/OAK
Programs: Too many
Hometown: Bay Area
I haven't noticed if booking source matters, but formatting of middle name seems to screw me up time and time again.
cstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #6
cxn
Original Member

I get precheck 80+% of the time as long as I dont have an International flight tied to the reservation. I am thinking of just booking them separately since I cant fly AA International out of my home airport.
cxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
flyastrojets
Original Member

Home Airport: ATL
Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL PM, MR GLD, SPG GLD, RCI D+, X Elite, AMX PLT
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
My first AA flight since getting GE is Monday. Booked by travel agent. My reservation did not pick up my known traveler number, though it is in my aa.com profile. I entered it....have the little green check mark. Only worry is that they have my middle name following my first name in the first name field. Middle name field is blank. Fingers crossed.
flyastrojets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
SFOJFK

My corp travel does the same putting my middle name after my first. If I update the PNR with my PASSID, PreCheck usually works. For some reason, PreCheck doesn't work for me using the mobile app; never been able to clear using mobile app. Others have no problems. Usually have to get BP from kiosk or agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyastrojets View Post
My first AA flight since getting GE is Monday. Booked by travel agent. My reservation did not pick up my known traveler number, though it is in my aa.com profile. I entered it....have the little green check mark. Only worry is that they have my middle name following my first name in the first name field. Middle name field is blank. Fingers crossed.
SFOJFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
wlciii

Programs: AA EXP and CK
Hometown: DFW
Guess I'm just lucky but my corp travel (Amex) gets my name right and passes my known traveler number with all my reservations -- but 90% are Aairpass so probably that may be the difference -- and I seem to get precheck >90% of the time on fully domestic itns. Heck, I even left my iphone on a plane last week and had to get a gate pass from the ticket counter which also worked for precheck (I was amazed)....

Better go knock on wood somewhere.
wlciii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
anabolism

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyastrojets View Post
Our corp travel agent does this as well (middle name in first name field) and I was worried abut it also, but I've been told, and experience has confirmed, that it's fine as long as the names match. E.g., if you are "John Quincey Public" it's OK that tickets booked by AA show:
First name=John
Middle name=Quincey
Last name=Public
while tickets issued by a travel agent show:
First name=John Quincey
Middle name=
Last name=Public
anabolism is offline   Reply With Quote