Traveling Better Forums  

Go Back   Traveling Better Forums > Hotels > Marriott Hotel Forum

Marriott Hotel Forum including Marriott, JW Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites, Horizons, and Ritz-Carlton. Please book your next Marriott stay here.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Fight On
(aka TrojanHorse)
Original Member

Home Airport: IAD
Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat Hh Gold
Hometown: Reston, VA
Marriott Discount Codes - All codes, not just public

I am curious if we could post the marriott discount codes here as they were removed from FT. Although the list is not complete (its so time consuming) I have made significant changes to the last version that was posted on FT.
Fight On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Blumie
Founding Member

d e l e t e d

Last edited by HNL : 10-13-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: member request
Blumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Fight On
(aka TrojanHorse)
Original Member

I would suggest that we come to a determination here. Whether it be the mods or the members. If you want to debate it for ethics, start a new thread

one question, has anyone invited any one from Marriott on here??? I know some exist in the unofficial capacity on FT (Socrates, Bhatnsex) but the whole issue on FT was that Marriott Legal gave Randy enough Crap with their new in house guy (attorney) that he capitulated and had me remove the old one..

again, i've updated it with more to go but i can post it as a WIP early this week if we decide to allow it
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
jab
Original Member

Programs: AA - EXP, MR - Plat

I know of one person who got busted - not me, I promise - when checking in at the Marriott Times Square they asked for corporate ID. He had a card with that company logo on it, and it looked legit, but they actually wanted to see his corporate ID. So he paid rack for that night checked out and went to another for the rest of the week.

I would like to see those codes posted here also.

Last edited by HNL : 10-13-2007 at 10:18 PM.
jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
aamilesslave
Original Member

Home Airport: DFW
When getting client rates at hotels, I never had to show any sort of ID until recently at the Burbank Courtyard. Well, they didn't actually make me show an ID since I had been staying there for months (didn't have such a thing with that client), but they did tell me they were now requiring ID for corporate rates.
aamilesslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
Fight On
(aka TrojanHorse)
Original Member

all I'd suggest is that you need somehow to make yourself familiar with the corporation you are using.. for example..

somehow parlay your job into (using IBM as an example) IBM.. say for example, that you are doing repairs for IBM, you are going their for an interview (that never fails).. I can guarantee you that the front desk clerk has no clue how to respond to anything about the corporation you are using their code.. act knowledgeable and you will seldom get challenged
Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
party_boy
A Humble Public Servant

Home Airport: QSF/TPE
Programs: NW PLT, AA Dirt, WN MOO, BR Silver, and CI Silver (Burning that card)
Hometown: Fremont, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight On View Post
all I'd suggest is that you need somehow to make yourself familiar with the corporation you are using.. for example..

somehow parlay your job into (using IBM as an example) IBM.. say for example, that you are doing repairs for IBM, you are going their for an interview (that never fails).. I can guarantee you that the front desk clerk has no clue how to respond to anything about the corporation you are using their code.. act knowledgeable and you will seldom get challenged
As one of the heads of TB, I'll have to discuss the discount code question with the two other Jon's.

-Jon
Old 08-08-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
thebigfish

Home Airport: MSP/OMA
Programs: NW Silver Elite; Hilton, SPG; Marriott
Hometown: Spencer Iowa
I'd be in favor..

One of the reason I've joined TB is that I feel that some things that FT used to do have been lost. I can remember when discount codes were on FT and it was one of things that made FT what it was. Ultimately, the internet is all about the free exchange of information.

I may never use that information, but I like the idea that it's there. If the legal begals come calling, then one has to make a decision. Until then, why wouldn't you?
thebigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
olimaspecto
Original Member

Home Airport: SFO, OAK, SMF
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, SPG Platinum, UA 2P
I have the full (or at least a pretty complete version) of the list, and can e-mail it to anyone who wants (just PM). If Jon2 allows okays a post here, I will do that.
olimaspecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
Fight On
(aka TrojanHorse)
Original Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimaspecto View Post
I have the full (or at least a pretty complete version) of the list, and can e-mail it to anyone who wants (just PM). If Jon2 allows okays a post here, I will do that.
my guess is that the one you are using is not quite the most recent version..

Last edited by brp : 09-26-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Clarity